You may think it’s easy to spot mould in your home, but sometimes mould damage is hiding beneath the surface. And on top of the damage it can do to your home, mould poses a health risk to you, your family, and your pets. But if you’re in doubt, here are some ways to tell if you might have a mould problem in your home. 

1. Spores

The simplest way to know you have mould is to see it! Whether it’s black mould growing in your bathroom or suspicious stains on the walls, if you think it might be mould, call a professional home restoration service to safely remove it. 

2. Smells

Foul odour can sometimes be a sign that mould is growing in a place where you can’t see it. If you notice a musty smell that you can’t seem to get rid of after cleaning or taking out the trash, don’t just cover it up with an aerosol spray. It might be a sign of something more dangerous than a bad smell.

3. Sickness

If you notice chronic health issues that have begun to plague you, such as respiratory conditions, recurring headaches, and/or unexplained nosebleeds, there’s a chance that mould could be the culprit. Harmful spores can fill the air in your home, and even with a good filter on your furnace, you can suffer the negative effects of mould contamination. 

Treating Mould Damage

If you’re ever in doubt, it’s safer to call in a specialist to make sure your home is safe from mould damage than to ignore the signs and risk illness. Renolux is an expert when it comes to mould removal and repair, so call today for a quote!